A case study is a tool that is used to get information or gather knowledge of a research topic. Case studies are mostly used to get detailed information, mostly in the fields of social sciences, business studies and life sciences.
Do you need some instructions for writing a case study? Here is a guide that will help you write a case study in an effective way. Also you can seek assistance of a professional essay writer working for an essay writing service.
- Decide the location, situation and process of how you are going to investigate. What to observe? What to investigate? Who will investigate? For how long, you need to observe? Plan out a clear process of your investigation.
- Use relevant and clear language in your research plan. The vocabulary and terminologies you use should be relevant to the scenario you are examining. For example, if it’s a firm, use business terminologies in your case study.
- Use questions relevant to the topic in your case study. The questions will help you collect data. The data used should be relevant to the study. The questions will also help you analyze the data you have collected.
- The questions should involve the proposal of your case study to take your study into consideration.
- Decide the units of calculation for your study and analysis. You can use the metric system, analogue or digital system.
- Just deciding the units of calculation is not enough. You also have to decide how the units will be related to the proposal of your case study.
- Also, decide how you are going to analyze and interpret the results. Mentioning the terms of reference is also important while writing a case study.
- Mention the objectives and purposes of your study. It will make it easier for readers to understand the purpose of your case study. This will not only help readers but you as well.
- You can make a checklist of your objectives and see if the results of your case study were according to the purpose of your study.
- The purpose of your case study should be clear to all the participants involved in the study. Make sure everyone understands why do you want to conduct the study and what purposes you want to achieve from it.
You can follow infographics below to learn various techniques of quality writing.